Sector-specific support for substance identification
ECHA is working closely with certain sectors of the chemical industry to develop guidance on how to identify substances for regulatory purposes. Where relevant, ECHA will do this within the framework of the OECD.
Under each sector link, you will find sector-specific substance identification guidance as it becomes available. This guidance is not official ECHA guidance and does not replace the ECHA guidance for identification and naming of substances under REACH and CLP. Instead, it should be seen as complementary to the official guidance by expanding further on the general concepts. This helps to ensure a consistent approach to identifying substances within industry sectors.
The sector-specific guidance, together with the official ECHA guidance, can help you to identify your substance correctly and achieve compliance with REACH in respect of substance identification.
- Form on the manufacturing process of UVCB substances [PDF] [EN] [Word File.docx]
- Questions and Answers on substance identification
- How to prepare registration and PPORD dossiers
- Getting started with EU chemicals legislation
- Chemical safety in your business - introduction for SMEs [PDF] [EN]
- Support by accredited stakeholders
See also under the Regulations section
Help with terminology