- The European Commission has published its chemicals strategy for sustainability as part of the European Green Deal. ECHA welcomes the strategy and looks forward to supporting its implementation.
- The substitution plans of four applications for authorisation to use a substance of very high concern will open for consultation on 21 October 2020. ECHA’s Committee for Socio-economic Analysis (SEAC) will evaluate the plans and the information received during the consultation to provide scientific underpinning for the European Commission to decide whether or not to grant the authorisations.
- ECHA’s Biocidal Products Committee (BPC) also supports a Union-wide authorisation for an insecticide containing clothianidin and pyriproxyfen.
- Potential candidates for substitution
- Active substance: 2
- Start date: 28/08/2020
- Deadline: 27/10/2020
- Public consultations on OEL proposal
- OEL proposals: 1
- Start date: 14/09/2020
- Deadline: 12/11/2020
- Proposals for new POPs
- Consultations: 1
- Start date: 14/10/2020
- End of consultation: 09/12/2020
- Draft update to the Guidance on registration sent for PEG consultation
- Draft update to the Guidance on data sharing sent for PEG consultation
- What is SCIP? What should be done?