The table below is the Annex XVII to REACH and includes all the restrictions adopted in the framework of REACH and the previous legislation, Directive 76/769/EEC. Each entry shows a substance or a group of substances or a substance in a mixture, and the consequent restriction conditions. The latest consolidated version of REACH presents the restrictions adopted until the date of publication. Subsequent changes are included in the amending Commission regulations.
The restricted substances (on their own, in a mixture or in an article) are substances for which manufacture, placing on the market or use is limited or banned in the European Union.
The table has been prepared by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) to facilitate the searching of restricted substances in the Annex XVII of the REACH Regulation, and the table provides additional information related to the specific restriction entry.
The table contains:
- Name: the name as given in column 1 of Annex XVII of each entry. In certain cases a group name is not available and the entry number is used instead;
- EC and CAS numbers; please note that not all the entries in Annex XVII of the REACH Regulation have these numbers. Note also that if it is a group entry, the EC and CAS numbers are under the group member information;
- Conditions: a document prepared by ECHA that includes the conditions of the restriction according to the latest updated consolidated version of Annex XVII to REACH Regulation. The document also contains the subsequent amendment(s) after the publishing of the consolidated version of REACH;
- Appendices: links to appendices that concern only certain entries. Please note that searching with CAS or EC numbers is not yet possible for substances restricted under Appendices 1-6 (CMR substances);
- Standards: links providing information on standards, where available (links to the CEN search engine for the European standards, or to the international standards' pages);
- History: links to the original restriction and subsequent amendments;
- Q&A: the relevant question(s) and answers related to the restriction entry. Please note that the list of Questions and Answers on Restrictions contains also general Q&As, which are not entry specific.
Group members: if there is an entry which concerns several substances (i.e. group entry); the substances within the group entry are described as ‘Group members' and listed in the table. These members are either explicitly mentioned in the specific restriction entry, or they are identified by ECHA in case the entry is of general nature (like cadmium and its compounds). Note that this identification is not yet ready for all entries.
Note that some entries have been deleted from the table:
Regulation (EU) No 552/2009: entries 33 and 39 have been deleted (substances severely restricted under Regulation (EC) No 2037/2000 – substances that deplete the ozone layer).
Regulation (EU) No 207/2011: entries 44 and 53 have been are deleted (substances severely restricted under Regulation (EU) No 850/2004 – substances as persistent organic pollutants).
Regulation (EU) No 126/2013: entry 42 has been deleted (substances severely restricted under Regulation (EU) No 519/2012 amending Regulation (EC) No 850/2004 – substances as persistent organic pollutants).
Last updated 29 czerwca 2018. Database contains 68 unique substances/entries.