Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 205-633-8
CAS number: 144-55-8
- Move to fresh air.
- If symptoms persist, call a physician.
In case of eye contact:
- Rinse thoroughly with plenty of water, also under the eyelids.
- If eye irritation persists, consult a specialist.
In case of skin contact:
- Wash off with soap and water.
- Rinse mouth with water.
- If symptoms persist, call a physician or Poison Control Centre immediately.
Suitable extinguishing media:
- Use extinguishing measures that are appropriate to local circumstances and the surrounding environment.
Unsuitable extinguishing media:
Specific hazards arising from the chemical:
- Not combustible.
Special protective actions for fire-fighters:
- No special precautions required.
Advice for non-emergency personnel:
- Avoid dust formation.
Advice for emergency responders:
- Sweep up to prevent slipping hazard.
- Do not flush into surface water or sanitary sewer system.
- Prevent any mixture with an acid into the sewer/drain (gas formations).
Methods and materials for containment and cleaning up:
- Sweep up and shovel into suitable containers for disposal.
- Keep in properly labelled containers.
- Keep in suitable, closed containers for disposal.
Precautions for safe handling:
- Ensure adequate ventilation.
- Keep away from Incompatible products.
- Store in original container.
- Keep in a dry place.
- Keep container closed.
Suitable packaging material:
- Paper + PE.
Unsuitable packaging material
- no data available
Appropriate engineering controls:
- Provide appropriate exhaust ventilation at places where dust is formed.
- Apply technical measures to comply with the occupational exposure limits.
- Use only respiratory protection that conforms to international/ national standards.
- Respirator with a vapour filter (EN 141)
- Recommended Filter type: P2
- Wear suitable gloves.
Skin and body protection:
- No special protective equipment required.
- When using do not eat, drink or smoke.
- Wash hands before breaks and at the end of workday.
- Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice.
Environmental exposure controls:
- Dispose of rinse water in accordance with local and national regulations.
- Incompatible with acids.
- Decomposes slowly on exposure to water.
- Stable under recommended storage conditions.
Possibility of hazardous reactions:
Conditions to avoid:
- Exposure to moisture.
- To avoid thermal decomposition, do not overheat.
Materials to avoid:
Hazardous decomposition products:
Waste disposal methods:
- Contact waste disposal services.
- If recycling is not practicable, dispose of in compliance with local regulations.
- Dilute with plenty of water.
- Neutralise with acid.
- In accordance with local and national regulations.
- Where possible recycling is preferred to disposal or incineration.
- Clean container with water.
- Must be incinerated in a suitable incineration plant holding a permit delivered by the competent authorities.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again