Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 201-535-4
CAS number: 84-51-5
- Remove to fresh air.
- Oxygen or artificial respiration if needed.
- If symptoms persist, call a physician.
In case of eye contact
- Rinse thoroughly with plenty of water, also under the eyelids.
- If eye irritation persists, consult a specialist.
In case of skin contact
- Wash off with soap and water.
- Remove and wash contaminated clothing before re-use.
- If large quantities of this material are swallowed, call a physician immediately.
- Clean mouth with water and drink afterwards plenty of water.
Suitable extinguishing media
- Use extinguishing measures that are appropriate to local circumstances and the surrounding environment.
Unsuitable extinguishing media
Special hazards arising from the substance or mixture
- Dust may form explosive mixture in air.
Advice for firefighters
- In the event of fire, wear self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If safe to do so, remove the exposed containers, or cool with large quantities of water.
Advice for non-emergency personnel
- Evacuate personnel to safe areas.
- Avoid dust formation.
Advice for emergency responders
- Sweep up to prevent slipping hazard.
- Prevent further leakage or spillage.
- Do not flush into surface water or sanitary sewer system.
- In case of accidental release or spill, immediately notify the appropriate authorities if required by Federal, State/Provincial and local laws and regulations.
Methods and materials for containment and cleaning up
- Pick up and arrange disposal without creating dust.
- Place everything into a closed, labelled container compatible with the product.
- Treat recovered material as described in the section "Disposal considerations".
- Flush with plenty of water.
Precautions for safe handling
- Use only in well-ventilated areas.
- Keep in original packaging, closed.
- Refer to protective measures listed in sections 7 and 8.
Suitable packaging material
- Stainless steel
- Ordinary steel with internal coating (phenol-epoxy)
Appropriate engineering controls:
- Provide adequate ventilation.
- In case of insufficient ventilation, wear suitable respiratory equipment.
- Respirator with combination filter for vapour/particulate (EN 141).
- Recommended Filter type: A/P2
- Use only respiratory protection that conforms to international/ national standards.
- Impervious gloves
- Take note of the information given by the producer concerning permeability and break through times, and of special workplace conditions (mechanical strain, duration of contact).
Skin and body protection
- Protective suit
- Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice.
Environmental exposure controls
- Dispose of rinse water in accordance with local and national regulations.
- Decomposes when moist.
- Decomposes on heating.
- Stable under recommended storage conditions.
Possibility of hazardous reactions
- None known.
Conditions to avoid
- To avoid thermal decomposition, do not overheat.
- Concentrated acids
Hazardous decomposition products
- Carbon monoxide
Waste treatment methods
- Dilute with plenty of water.
- Dispose of wastes in an approved waste disposal facility.
- Can be landfilled, when in compliance with local regulations.
- In accordance with local and national regulations.
- Clean container with water.
- Empty containers should be taken to an approved waste handling site for recycling or disposal.
- Uncleaned empty packaging
- Dispose of as unused product.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Sellel veebilehel kasutatakse küpsiseid, et tagada lehe parim kasutus.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again