Registration Dossier

Diss Factsheets

Physical & Chemical properties

Water solubility

Currently viewing:

Administrative data

Link to relevant study record(s)

Description of key information

The water solubility of Reaction mass of Reaction mass of bis(2-chloroethoxy) methane and 1,15-dichloro-3,5,8,11,13-penta-oxa pentadecane and 1-(2-chloroethoxy) -2-(2-chloroethoxymethoxy) ethane is 13.6 g/L at pH 5.5 and  20°C.

Key value for chemical safety assessment

Water solubility:
13.6 g/L
at the temperature of:
20 °C

Additional information

The determined results for water solubility of the two individual components were an averaged value for 3 time points, i.e. 24, 48 and 72 hours and calculated to be 4.4 g/L for the Bis (2-chloroethoxy)methane and 4.2 g/L for the 1,15-dichloro-3,5,8,11,13-pentaoxa-pentadecane, results are presented in table I and II. The final result for water solubility of the test substance was calculated as the sum of the two main components (and recalculating to 100% active ingredient). This resulted in a final water solubility of 13.6 g/L*. The pH value of the test solution was measured to be pH 5.5 at all sampled time points.


* The CoA (see annex 1) indicates that Bis(2-chloroethoxy) methane is 39.2% of the total test substance and 1,15-dichloro-3,5,8,11,13-pentaoxa-pentadecane 24.2 %. This is 63.4 % in total. As the two main components were considered to be representing the total test substance, 63.4% is considered to be 100% and therefore

4.4 + 4.2 = 8.6 g/L.  (8.6 / 64.3) * 100 % = 13.6 g/L