Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 229-851-8
CAS number: 6786-83-0
In the event of exposure by inhalation:
- If a large quantity is inhaled, move the patient into the fresh air and keep him/her warm and still.
In the event of splashes or contact with eyes:
- Wash thoroughly with soft, clean water for 15 minutes holding the eyelids open.
- Refer the patient to an ophthalmologist, in particular if there is any redness, pain or visual impairment.
- If there is any redness, pain or visual impairment, consult an ophthalmologist.
In the event of splashes or contact with skin:
- Remove contaminated clothing and wash the skin thoroughly with soap and water or a recognised cleaner.
- DO NOT use solvents or thinners.
- If the contaminated area is widespread and/or there is damage to the skin, a doctor must be consulted or the patient transferred to hospital
In the event of swallowing:
- In the event of swallowing, if the quantity is small (no more than one mouthful), rinse the mouth with water, administer activated medical charcoal and consul t a doctor.
- Keep still. DO NOT induce vomiting.
- Consult a doctor and show him the label.
- Call a doctor immediately and show him the label.
Fire and explosion hazard:
- Slight fire hazard when exposed to heat or flame. Dust-air mixture may be exploding.
- Dry chemical, water spray, foam of CO2, gases of CO2, CO,
- Remove contaminated clothing and shoes immediately. Wash affected skin with soap and water, get medical advice immediately.
NOX and other extinguishing media. Self-contained breathing apparatus for fighters. Move container from fireif you can do it without risk. Do not scatter spilled material with high-pressure water streams.
- Avoid any contact with the skin and eyes.
- Contain and control the leaks or spills with non-combustible absorbent materials such as sand, earth, vermiculite, diatomaceous earth in drums for waste di sposal.
- Prevent any material from entering drains or waterways.
- Use drums to dispose of waste recovered in accordance with applicable regulations
- If the product contaminates waterways, rivers or drains, alert the relevant authorities in accordance with statutory procedures
Methods for cleaning up:
- Clean preferably with a detergent, do not use solvents.
- Handle in well-ventilated areas.
- Prevent access by unauthorised personnel.
Recommended equipment and procedures:
- Observe precautions stated on label and also industrial safety regulations
- Packages which have been opened must be reclosed carefully and stored in an upright position
- Product must not come into contact with the eyes
- Prohibited equipment and procedures:
- Smoking, eating and drinking are prohibited in premises where the preparation is used
- Never open the packages under pressure
- Keep the container tightly closed in a dry place.
- Keep away from food and drink, including those for animals.
- The floor must be impermeable and form a collecting basin so that, in the event of an accidental spillage, the liquid cannot spread beyond this area.
Where workers encounter concentrations higher than the exposure limits, they must wear suitable, approved masks.
Protective creams may be used for exposed skin, but they should not be applied after contact with the product.
In the event of prolonged or repeated contact with the hands, use appropriate gloves.
Type of gloves recommended :
- Butyl rubber
Eye and face protection:
Avoid contact with the skin and eyes. Wear safety goggles
Provide eye washes in workshops where the product is constantly handled
When exposed to high temperatures, the preparation may release dangerous decomposition products such as carbon monoxide and dioxide, smoke and nitrogen oxide
Waste from this material is not considered as dangerous waste according to EU-rules and can generally bebrought to a normal tip with a permit to handle industrial waste. When contaminated with dangerous products the advice of an expert has to be obtained. In general the product is dusty, and as long as it has not been adequately wetted, it should be packed in well-closed containers for removal. Check the local regulations and requirements.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Sellel veebilehel kasutatakse küpsiseid, et tagada lehe parim kasutus.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again