Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 700-204-6
CAS number: 1174627-68-9
Inhalation : Move the person away from the contaminated area. Make the affected person rest.
Skin contact : Remove all contaminated clothing ad footwear. Wash with water.
Eye contact : Rinse with running water whilst keeping the eyes wide open (at least 15 minutes)
Ingestion : Never attempt to induce vomiting. Rinse mouth out with water
Further information : Use appropriate protective equipment when treating a contaminated person. Place contaminated clothing in a sealed bag for disposal.
- Suitable : Water spray - Foam - Multi-purpose powders - carbon dioxide (CO2)
- Not suitable : Strong water jet
Specific hazards : combustibe - On heating or during combustion : Toxic gases or vapours are released.
Specific fire fighting methods : Do not dispose of fire-fighting water in the environment
Protection of fire-fighters : Self-contained breathing apparatus - Boots, gloves, goggles
Personal precautions :
- Do not breathe vapours.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Protection equipment : appropriate gloves - safety glasses - suitable protective clothing.
- Stop the leak. Turn leaking containers leak-side up to prevent the escape of liquid.
Environmental precautions : Dam up. Prevent product from entering drains.
Recovery : Contain spillage, soak up with non-combustible absorbent material, (e.g. sand, earth, diatomaceous earth, vermiculite) and transfer to a container for disposal according to local / national regulations. Keep in suitable, closed containers for disposal.
- Prevent the product from spreading into the environment
- For a large spillage, contain the spillage by bunding.
Methods for cleaning up :
- Prohibited : Do not spray water into packaging which has been damaged or overturned - Do not put the spilled material back into the original container for re-use.
- Recovery : Absorb the product onto porous material. Recover the product by vacuuming/shovelling or sweeping. Collect up the product and place it in a spare container suitable labelled . Keep the recovered product for subsequent disposal.
- Cleaning/Decontamination : Wash non -recoverable remainder with large amounts of water. Recover the cleaning water for subsequent disposal.
- Disposal : Dispose of all contaminated materials in accordance with current regulations.
Technical measures : Ventilation
Measures : Does not require any particular or specific measures. Respect the general rules for occupational hygiene.
Technical measures : Take all necessary measures to avoid accidental discharge of products into drains and waterways due to the rupture of containers or transfert systems
Storage conditions :
- Recommended : Store in a cool, well-ventilated area
- To be avoided : Store away from incompatible materials
Incompatible products : Strong oxidizing agents
Packaging materials :
- Recommended : Coated steels - Plastic materials (polyethylene) (high density)
Enginnering measures : Ensure good ventilation of work station
Control parameters :
Exposure limit values (Human Health) :
- Occupational exposure limit values (France) :
Methanol : VME : 260 mg/m3 (200 ppm) - VLE : 1300 mg/m3 (1000 ppm)
- ACGIH Threshold values (USA / A.C.G.I.H.) :
Methanol : TLV (TWA) : 200 ppm - TLV (STEL) : 250 ppm. Risk of percutaneous absorption
- Occupational exposure limit values :
Methanol : Exposure limit (8 hours) : 260 mg/m3 (200 ppm). Risk of percutaneous absorption.
Surveillance procedures : Keep the atmospheric concentration below the occupational exposure limits
Personal protective equipment
- Respiratory protection : If exposure is likely to exceed the occupational exposure limit : wear suitable respiratory protective equipment
- Hand protection : The selection of gloves must take into account the extent and duration of use at the workstation. Use suitable chemical-resistant protective gloves (compliant with Standard EN 374-1)
- Eye protection : Goggles
- Skin and body protection : Protective clothing with elasticated cuffs and closed neck
- Selection criteria : No specific/particular action required for this product. Comply with good occupational hygiene practice.
Collective emergency : safety shower
- Equipment : Eye founyain.
- Hygien measures : Wash as often as necessary. Do not eat or drink in the workplace
Stability : Stable under normal conditions of use
Hazardous reactions :
- Conditions to avoid : No dangerous reactions known under normal conditions of use
- Materials to avoid : Strong oxidizing agents
- Hazardous decomposition products : On combustion or on dermal decomposition (pyrolysis) releases : Carbon oxides (CO + CO2)
RESIDUES FROM PRODUCT
- Destruction/Disposal : Dispose in accordance with relevant local regulations
- Decontamination/cleaning : Completely empty the packaging prior to decontamination. Clean using steam.
- Destruction/Disposal : Recycle following cleaning or dispose of an authorised site
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
På den här webbplatsen används kakor. Syftet är att optimera din upplevelse av den.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again