Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 284-511-6
CAS number: 84929-27-1
Extractives and their physically modified derivatives such as tinctures, concretes, absolutes, essential oils, oleoresins, terpenes, terpene-free fractions, distillates, residues, etc., obtained from Vitis vinifera, Vitaceae.
As a general measure, in case of doubt or if symptoms persist, always call a doctor. NEVER induce swallowing by an unconscious person.
In the event of splashes or contact with eyes :
- Wash thoroughly with fresh, clean water for 15 minutes holding the eyelids open.
- If there is any redness, pain or visual impairment, consult an ophthalmologist.
In the event of splashes or contact with skin :
Watch out for any remaining product between skin and clothing, watches, shoes, etc.
In the event of swallowing :
Seek medical attention.
Fire prevention : Prevent access by unauthorised personnel.
Unsuitable methods of extinction : Do not use direct jet of water (splashes).
Special hazards arising from the substance:
A fire will often produce a thick black smoke. Exposure to decomposition products may be hazardous to health.
Do not breathe in smoke.
In the event of a fire, the following may be formed :
- carbon monoxide (CO)
- carbon dioxide (CO2)
Note for firefighters : the substance is Non-flammable.
For first aid worker after accidental realease:
First aid workers will be equipped with suitable personal protective equipment
Prevent any material from entering drains or waterways.
Methods and material for containment and cleaning up:
Retrieve the product by mechanical means (sweeping/vacuuming) : do not generate dust.
Precautions for safe handling:
- Always wash hands after handling.
- Use personal protective equipment that is clean and has been properly maintained.
- Store personal protective equipment in a clean place, away from the work area.
- Never eat, drink or smoke during use.
- Remove and wash contaminated clothing before re-using.
- Ensure that there is adequate ventilation, especially in confined areas.
Eye / face protection:
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Before handling powders or dust emission, wear mask goggles in accordance with standard EN166.
Wear suitable protective gloves.
- Work clothing worn by personnel shall be laundered regularly.
- Avoid breathing dust.
- Wear a disposable half-mask dust filter in accordance with standard EN149.
- Capture dust at their emission point.
This substance is stable under the recommended handling and storage conditions.
Possibility of hazardous reactions:
No known possibility
Conditions to avoid:
Avoid formation of dusts. Dusts can form an explosive mixture with air.
Avoid sources of warmth or ignition.
No known incompatible material.
The thermal decomposition may release/form carbon monoxide (CO) and carbon dioxide (CO2)
Waste treatment methods:
Do not pour into drains or waterways.
- Waste management is carried out without endangering human health, without harming the environment and, in particular without risk to water, air, soil, plants or animals.
- Recycle or dispose of waste in compliance with current legislation, preferably via a certified collector or company.
- Do not contaminate the ground or water with waste, do not dispose of waste into the environment.
Soiled packaging :
- Empty container completely.
- Keep label(s) on container.
- Give the soiled packaging to a certified disposal contractor.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again