Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 203-955-3 | CAS number: 112-29-8
The method was applied with respect to its quality criteria:
- the difference of extremes of replicate values of the removal of test chemical at the plateau, at the end of the test, or at the end of the 10-d window, was less than 20% ;
- the percentage of degradation of the reference item has reached a level of 95% by 14 days which is above the level of 60% for ready biodegradability ;
- the oxygen uptake of the inoculum blank was far below the normal ;
- pH value in the test suspension was 7.43 at day 28 which is in the range of 6-8.5 ;
- in the toxicity control flasks, containing both the reference item and 1-bromodecane, the percentage biodegradation reached 56% after 14 days.
Since this value is higher than 25%, the test item is not inhibitory for inoculum.
The biodegradability study of 1 -bromodecane conducted following Method C4 of Regulation 92/69/CEE gives a maximum biodegradation level of 73 % in 28 days.
After the 10-day window, the percentage of biodegradation is 64 %.
The test item did not inhibit the micro-organisms. The validity criteria of the method were respected.
According to these criteria the test item can be considerd as ready biodegradable.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Close Do not show this message again