Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 247-156-8
CAS number: 25640-78-2
Description of first aid measures
- Personal protection for the First Aider.
- Take affected persons out of danger area and instruct to lie down.
- Instantly remove any clothing soiled by the product.
- Supply fresh air.
- In case of unconsciousness bring patient into stable side position for transport.
- Call a doctor immediately.
After skin contact
- Instantly wash with water and soap and rinse thoroughly.
- Seek immediate medical advice.
After eye contact
- Rinse opened eye for several minutes under running water.
- Attention, danger of aspiration!
- Rinse out mouth and then drink plenty of water.
- Do not induce vomiting; instantly call for medical help.
Most important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed
- No further relevant information available.
Information for doctor
- Therapeutic measures: basic help, decontamination, symptomatic treatment.
Indication of any immediate medical attention and special treatment needed
Suitable extinguishing agents
- CO2, extinguishing powder or water jet. Fight larger fire with foam.
For safety reasons unsuitable extinguishing agents
- Water with a full water jet.
Special hazards arising from the substance or mixture
- Can be released in case of fire
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
Advice for firefighters
- Do not inhale explosion gases or combustion gases.
- Wear self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Cool endangered containers with water spray jet.
Personal precautions, protective equipment and emergency procedures
- Wear protective equipment. Keep unprotected persons away.
- Do not allow product to reach sewage system or water bodies.
Methods and material for containment and cleaning up:
- Ensure adequate ventilation.
- Absorb with liquid-binding material (sand, diatomite, acid binders, universal binders, sawdust).
- Send for recovery or disposal in suitable containers.
Reference to other sections
- See Section "Handling and storage" for information on safe handling
- See Section "Exposure controls/personal protection" for information on personal protection equipment.
- See Section "Disposal considerations" for information on disposal.
Precautions for safe handling Ensure good ventilation/exhaustion at the workplace.
Information about protection against explosions and fires:
- Keep ignition sources away - Do not smoke.
- Protect against electrostatic charges.
Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities
Requirements to be met by storerooms and containers:
- Store only in the original container.
Information about storage in one common storage facility:
- Store away from oxidising agents.
Further information about storage conditions:
- Keep container tightly sealed.
Recommended storage temperature:
: 20 - 70 °C
Specific end use(s)
For one use this substance is handled under Strictly Controlled Conditions. Site documentation to support safe handling arrangements including the selection of engineering, administrative and personal protective equipment controls in accordance with risk -based management systems is available at each
Personal protective equipment
General protective and hygienic measures
- The usual precautionary measures should be adhered to general rules for handling chemicals.
- Use skin protection cream for preventive skin protection.
- Be sure to clean skin thoroughly after work and before breaks.
- Take off immediately all contaminated clothing
- Wash hands during breaks and at the end of the work.
- In case of brief exposure or low pollution use breathing filter apparatus. In case of intensive or longer exposure use breathing apparatus that is independent of circulating air.
- Filter A
Protection of hands:
- Only use chemical-protective gloves with CE-labelling of category III (EN 374).
Material of gloves
- Nitrile rubber, NBR
- Butyl rubber, BR
- The selection of the suitable gloves does not only depend on the material, but also on further marks of quality and varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.
Penetration time of glove material
- The exact break trough time has to be found out by the manufacturer of the protective gloves and has to be observed.
For the permanent contact in work areas without heightened risk of injury (e.g. Laboratory) gloves made of the following material are suitable:
- Nitril rubber
- Butyl rubber
- Safety glasses
- Protective work clothing.
Thermal decomposition / conditions to be avoided:
- No decomposition if used according to specifications.
Possibility of hazardous reactions
- No dangerous reactions known
Conditions to avoid
Hazardous decomposition products:
- No dangerous decomposition products known
Waste treatment methods
- Remove according to local authority recommendations, e.g. convey to a suitable incinerator.
European waste catalogue
- The disposal of waste within the EU is regulated by Directive 2008/98/EC
- The waste code classification is to be carried out according to the European Waste Catalogue (EWC) specifically for each branch of industry and each type of process.
- Disposal must be made according to official regulations.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Sellel veebilehel kasutatakse küpsiseid, et tagada lehe parim kasutus.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again