Registration Dossier

Guidance on Safe Use

Guidance on Safe Use

Currently viewing:

Administrative data

First-aid measures

Emergency measure - Inhalation: Symptomatic treatment.
Emergency measure - Eyes: Symptomatic treatment.
Emergency measure - Skin: Symptomatic treatment.
Emergency measure - Ingestion: Symptomatic treatment.

Fire-fighting measures

Recommended extinguishing agent: In case of fire normal extinguishing media may be used -
water, CO2, foam or dry powder.

Product determined by test: N

Accidental release measures

Emergency measures in case of spillage: Remove in its dry state and dump in accordance with local
regulations. Wash away solutions with copious amounts of
water and discharge in accordance with local/national
regulations.

Handling and storage

Handling: Minimise exposure by use of standard occupational hygiene
procedures and good housekeeping. Protective clothing
(including impervious overalls, headcovering, suitable
footwear and gloves) should be used. Weighing to be in an
enclosed ventilated area and transfer by partially enclosed
scoops.

Storage: All containers should be in good condition in a well
ventilated, easily cleaned store. Lids to be kept in place
as far as possible.

Packaging of the substance and or preparation: Not given, 6th amendment notification.

Transport information

Shippingopen allclose all
SpecialProvisionsopen allclose all
Shippingopen allclose all
Remarksopen allclose all

Marine transport (UN RTDG/IMDG)

Shippingopen allclose all
Remarksopen allclose all

Air transport (UN RTDG/ICAO/IATA)

Shippingopen allclose all
Special provisions / remarks
Remarks:
Transport: No special precautions are advised. The product will be
shipped in polyethylene bags sealed in steel drums.
SpecialProvisionsopen allclose all

Exposure controls / personal protection

Stability and reactivity

Danger other than fire: Not applicable

Chemical reaction with water: None reported.

Dust explosion determined by test: N

Disposal considerations

Industry - Possibility of recovery/recycling: Normal application of the dyestuff to leather results in
about 98% binding; recovery of the remaining 2% of highly
water-soluble substance is not practical.

Industry - Possibility of destruction: controlled discharge: the total loss through discharge to effluent will be less
than 0.2 t.p.a. spread out over many customers, and the dye
would be plainly visible should it be discharged at more
than very low concentrations.

Industry - Possibility of destruction - water purification: little or no destruction is likely by aerobic mechanisms
(section 5.2) but research on allied dyestuffs indicates
that the substance will be destroyed, eg in sediments, by
anaerobic mechanisms.

Public at large - Possibility of recovery/recycling: The substance itself will not enter the public domain.