Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 231-728-9
CAS number: 7705-07-9
Take affected persons out of danger area and lay down.
Take note of the following instructions.
Immediately remove any clothing soiled by the product.
· After inhalation:
Supply fresh air.
Seek medical treatment.
In case of unconsciousness place patient stably in the recovery position for transportation.
· After skin contact:
Immediately wash with water and soap and rinse thoroughly.
· After eye contact:
Rinse opened eye for several minutes under running water. Then consult a doctor.
· After swallowing: Do not induce vomiting; call for medical help immediately.
Most important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed:
No further relevant information available.
Indication of any immediate medical attention and special treatment needed:
· Suitable extinguishing agents: CO2, sand, extinguishing powder. Do not use water.
· For safety reasons unsuitable extinguishing agents:
Special hazards arising from the substance or mixture:
In case of fire, the following can be released:
Hydrogen chloride (HCl)
Metal oxide fume
· Advice for firefighters:
Wear personal protective equipment.
Wear self-contained respiratory protective device.
Dispose of fire debris and contaminated fire fighting water in accordance with official regulations.
Collect contaminated fire fighting water separately. It must not enter the sewage system.
Personal precautions, protective equipment and emergency procedures
Use respiratory protective device against the effects of fumes/dust/aerosol.
Wear protective clothing.
· Environmental precautions:
Suppress gases/fumes/haze with water spray.
Keep contaminated washing water and dispose of appropriately.
· Methods and material for containment and cleaning up:
Clean the affected area carefully; suitable cleaners are:
Weak alkaline solution
Use neutralising agent.
Dispose contaminated material as waste according to item Disposal.
Ensure adequate ventilation.
Do not flush with water or aqueous cleansing agents
· Precautions for safe handling
Do not refill residue into storage receptacles.Store in cool, dry place in tightly closed receptacles.
Keep receptacles tightly sealed.
· Information about fire - and explosion protection:
The product is pyrophoric.
Earth container to avoid electric sparks, especially in contact with flammable substances.
May attack metals and produce hydrogen gas which may form explosive mixtures with air.
· Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities
· Requirements to be met by storerooms and receptacles:
Unsuitable material for receptacle:
· Information about storage in one common storage facility:
Store away from metals.
Store away from water.
· Further information about storage conditions:
This product is hygroscopic.
Store under inert gas.
Store in cool, dry conditions in well sealed receptacles.
· Specific end use(s) Not applicable.
· Control parameters
· Ingredients with limit values that require monitoring at the workplace:
The product does not contain any relevant quantities of materials with critical values that have to be monitored at the workplace.
· Additional information: Valid lists at time of creation were used as basis.
· Exposure controls
· Appropriate engineering controls No further relevant information available.
· Personal protective equipment:
· General protective and hygienic measures:
Use skin protection cream for skin protection.
Keep away from foodstuffs, beverages and feed.
Immediately remove all soiled and contaminated clothing.
Wash hands before breaks and at the end of work.
Avoid contact with the eyes and skin.
· Respiratory protection: Respiratory protection in case of dust.
· Recommended filter device for short term use: Filter P2
· Protection of hands:
Avoid direct contact with the chemical/ the product/ the preparation by organisational measures.
Wear gloves for protection against mechanical hazards according to EN 388.
Check the condition of the gloves prior to each use.
The glove material has to be impermeable and resistant to the product/ the substance/ the preparation.
Selection of the glove material on consideration of the penetration times, rates of diffusion and the degradation.
Preventive skin protection by use of skin-protecting agents is recommended.
· Material of gloves
Butyl rubber, BR
The selection of the suitable gloves does not only depend on the material, but also on further marks of quality and varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. As the product is a preparation of several substances, the resistance of the glove material can not be calculated in advance and has therefore to be checked prior to the application.
Recommended thickness of the material: >= 0.35 mm
· Penetration time of glove material
EN 420: Minimum requirements for efficiency level 1 for all groups.
The exact break through time has to be obtained from the manufacturer of the protective gloves and has to be observed.
For the mixture of chemicals mentioned below the penetration time has to be at least 480 minutes (Permeation according to EN 374 Part 3: Level 6).
· For the permanent contact gloves made of the following materials are suitable:
· Not suitable are gloves made of the following materials:
· Eye protection:
Tightly sealed goggles
· Reactivity No further relevant information available.
· Possibility of hazardous reactions Possible development of hydrochloric acid in humid air.
· Conditions to avoid
In case of thermal decomposition caused by smouldering and incomplete combustion toxic fumes
may be developed.
· Incompatible materials: Protect from contamination.
· Hazardous decomposition products:
Metal oxide smoke
· Waste treatment methods
Disposal must be made according to official regulations.
Must not be disposed together with household garbage. Do not allow product to reach sewage system.
· Uncleaned packaging:
· Recommendation: Disposal must be made according to official regulations.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again