You are responsible for collecting information on the tonnages, properties and uses of the substances you manufacture or import in quantities of more than one tonne a year. You submit this data to ECHA in a registration dossier. Pay attention to these recommendations when compiling and submitting your registration.
- Include all the information on the substance as required under REACH and demonstrate that the substance is being used in a safe way.
- Where relevant, assess the risks arising from the use of the substance and explain how these risks should be controlled.
- Ensure that you register your substance as part of the correct joint submission.
- Provide the correct substance identification information:
- Rely on your own company-specific substance identification information such as analytical or compositional information.
- Ensure your substance is within the boundary composition of the registered substance.
- Use the available IUCLID templates to report information such as the manufacturing process description for UVCB substances.
- Use the IUCLID Validation Assistant to make sure that you have entered the requested information for the relevant tonnage band in the right sections of IUCLID.
- Note: The Validation Assistant does not confirm that the dossier is complete. ECHA may also check parts of your dossier manually.
- Make sure you can show that the use of the substance fulfils the definition of the intermediate use and the conditions set out in REACH.
- Demonstrate that strictly controlled conditions are being applied during the lifecycle of your intermediate, especially in steps where breakage of the containment system is expected.