Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 943-330-9 | CAS number: -
For each induction the highest concentration to cause mild-to-moderate skin irritation, but well-tolerated systemically, was used.
Based on the results of this preliminary test, a concentration of 5% was chosen for the intradermal application of the main test and a concentration of 100% was selected for the dermal induction.
A concentration of 50% was found to be the highest dose which did not cause any signs of irritation after a topical treatment over a period of 24 hours and therefore was chosen for the challenge application in the main test.
All animals of both groups survived throughout the test period.
Signs of irritation during the induction:
Intradermal Induction I (24-hour reading):
- Injection site 1: erythema grade 1 in 5/5 negative control-, in 5/5 positive control- and 10/10 test animals, oedema grade 1 in 5/5 negative control-, in 5/5 positive control- and 10/10 test animals
- Injection site 2: erythema grade 1 in 1/5 positive control animals, oedema grade 1 in 1/5 positive control animals
- Injection site 3: erythema grade 1 in 1/5 negative control-, in 5/5 positive control- and 5/10 test animals, oedema grade 1 in 1/5 negative control-, in 5/5 positive control- and 5/10 test animals
Intradermal Induction I (48-hour reading):
- Injection site 2: no signs of irritation
- Injection site 3: erythema grade 1 in 1/5 negative control-, in 5/5 positive control and 5/10 test animals, oedema grade 1 in 1/5 positive control- and 1/10 test animals
Dermal Induction II (48-hour exposure, occlusive):
- Immediately after removing the patch: no signs of irritation in any of the test or control animals.
- 24 hours after removing the patch: no signs of irritation in any of the test or control animals.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Close Do not show this message again