Registration Dossier

Diss Factsheets

Physical & Chemical properties

Particle size distribution (Granulometry)

Currently viewing:

Administrative data

Link to relevant study record(s)

Description of key information

Particle size distribution: 99.9% (>2000 µm),  0.1% (> 173.815 µm)

Additional information

99.9% of the sample was determined to have a particle size >2000 µm using manual sieve analysis. The remaining 0.1% was analysed by laser diffraction and found to consist primarily of particles > 173.815 µm. The D10, D50 and D90 values of the 0.1% fraction which <2000 µm were determined to be 178.319, 627.808 and 1282.068 µm respectively. Particles of this size are unlikely to be aspirated

Coefficient of variation for D50 is less than 3%; D10 and D90 are less than 5%. Thus repeatability of the characteristic particles in the size distribution are within the acceptable limits as per the ISO 13320-1 test standard. Analysis was performed in a GLP accredited lab.