Registration Dossier

Physical & Chemical properties

Endpoint summary

Administrative data

Description of key information

Fatty acids, C14-22, 2-ethylhexylesters, epoxidised is a low viscosity, pale yellow liquid. The melting point has been determined to be <-20 °C and the test item decomposed without boiling. Fatty acids, C14-22, 2-ethylhexylesters, epoxidised has a density of 0.928 g/mL and a calculated mean vapour pressure of 0.0676 mPa at 25 °C. The partition coefficient of the substance was calculated to be between a range of 7log Kow12.

According to EPIsuite (Estimate from fragments, Wat sol v1.01 est), 88.6% of the components have a solubility of less than 0.02 µg/L. For the remaining 11.4%, the solubility is significantly <0.1 mg/L (IUCLID Insoluble). For this portion, the solubility would contribute at 0.4 µg/L. In conclusion the calculated water solubility <0.4 µg/L, with almost 90% at significantly less than 0.02 µg/L . This substance can therefore be considered as highly insoluble.

The flash point of the test substance was observed to be at 210-220 °C. The viscosity of Fatty acids, C14-22, 2-ethylhexylesters, epoxidised was found to be in the range of 31.3 mPa s at 25 °C.

Additional information