Registration Dossier

Administrative data

Endpoint:
distribution modelling
Type of information:
calculation (if not (Q)SAR)
Adequacy of study:
key study
Study period:
2007
Reliability:
2 (reliable with restrictions)
Rationale for reliability incl. deficiencies:
results derived from a valid (Q)SAR model and falling into its applicability domain, with adequate and reliable documentation / justification
Justification for type of information:
1. SOFTWARE
not specified

2. MODEL (incl. version number)
Level 1 Fugacity model

3. SMILES OR OTHER IDENTIFIERS USED AS INPUT FOR THE MODEL
O=CN(C)C

4. SCIENTIFIC VALIDITY OF THE (Q)SAR MODEL
See attached QMRF.

5. APPLICABILITY DOMAIN
See attached QPRF.

6. ADEQUACY OF THE RESULT
- The model is scientifically valid (see attached QMRF).
- See attached QPRF for reliability assessment.

Data source

Reference
Reference Type:
other company data
Title:
Unnamed
Year:
2009

Materials and methods

Model:
calculation according to Mackay, Level I
Release year:
2 004
Media:
air - biota - sediment(s) - soil - water

Test material

Constituent 1
Chemical structure
Reference substance name:
N,N-dimethylformamide
EC Number:
200-679-5
EC Name:
N,N-dimethylformamide
Cas Number:
68-12-2
Molecular formula:
C3H7NO
IUPAC Name:
N,N-dimethylformamide
Specific details on test material used for the study:
O=CN(C)C

Study design

Test substance input data:
- Molecular Mass: 73.1 g/mol [1]
- Temperature: 25 °C [1]
- log Kow: -0.85 [1]
- Water solubility: 1E+05 g/m³ [1]
- Vapor pressure: 516 Pa [1]
- Melting Point: -61 °C [1]

source: [1] BASF AG, internal data

Results and discussion

Percent distribution in media

Air (%):
11.5
Water (%):
88.5

Any other information on results incl. tables

Over time, the substance will preferentially distribute into water.

Applicant's summary and conclusion

Conclusions:
In air DMF shows a distribution level of 11.5 % and in water 88.5 %. Based on the calculation it is not expected to appear in soil, sediments and biota.
Executive summary:

Over time, the substance will preferentially distribute into water (88.5 %). For the remaining 11.5 % the air compartment will be the relevant sink.