Registration Dossier

Data platform availability banner - registered substances factsheets

Please be aware that this old REACH registration data factsheet is no longer maintained; it remains frozen as of 19th May 2023.

The new ECHA CHEM database has been released by ECHA, and it now contains all REACH registration data. There are more details on the transition of ECHA's published data to ECHA CHEM here.

Diss Factsheets

Administrative data

Link to relevant study record(s)

Description of key information

Key value for chemical safety assessment

Additional information

In a study conducted in 1940, not according to current guidelines, a human test person who received an oral dose of 2 g of the hydrochlorid form of the test substance (the dose was well tolerated by the person) excreted 32 % (after correction for the normal concentration of N) unchanged test substance in the day urine. The remaining 68% are excreted as urea in the urine and C02 in the expiration air.

However, no valid data are available for the determination of toxicokinetics (absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion).

Therefore, this evaluation is based on the physico-chemical properties of the substance.


Toxic effects have been observed after oral, dermal and inhalative exposure to the test substance. Therefore, an absorption via all three routes is likely. Furthermore, the test substance has a low molecular weight of 45,08 g/mol which supports this assumption. Due to the moderate log Pow value (-0,27), the test substance is favourable for absorption by passive diffusion by oral and inhalative route.

The boiling temperature of the test substance has been determined to be 16,6°C. Therefore the physical state at room temperature is gaseous. Moreover, the high vapour pressure (139700 Pa at 25°C) indicates that the test substance is highly volatile.


Due to the low molecular weight of 45,08 g/mol and the miscibility in water, the test substance is expected to have a wide distribution and to diffuse through aqueous channels and pores. The test substance is not lipophilic (log Pow = -0,27) and is therefore not likely to distribute into cells.


The test substance includes an amino group (-NH2). This functional group in general tend to undergo Phase II conjugation reactions.


The low molecular weight as well as the miscibility in water are indicators for renal excretion. Furthermore, gases are in general likely to be excreted in exhaled air. The substance is not expected to accumulate in the human body.