Manufacturer or formulator outside the EU/EEA
If you have appointed an only representative that is located in the UK, you can appoint a new only representative, located within the EU-27/EEA. The new appointment must take place ahead of the UK withdrawal and be notified to ECHA (through the ‘Legal entity change’ functionality in REACH-IT) without undue delay.
If your substance has been registered by a UK-based importer, that registration will not exist after the UK’s withdrawal. This means that to continue having access to the EU market, the imported substance will need to be registered by an EU-27/EEA-based legal entity. To this end, you can appoint an only representative located within the EU-27/EEA to carry out the required registration of the imported substance. Alternatively, your customers within the EU-27/EEA will each have to register the substances they import.
- Make sure that your only representative is located within the EU/EEA
- Appoint an only representative located within the EU-27/EEA to carry out the required registration for imported substances
- Act and prepare for ‘no deal Brexit’ to stay on the market and keep supplies 12/09/2019
- Companies recommended to transfer registrations before the UK’s withdrawal 03/04/2019
- Act now to stay on the EU market after the UK’s withdrawal 08/02/2019
- ECHA updates information for companies on UK withdrawal from EU 11/10/2018