Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 231-843-4
CAS number: 7758-94-3
- Supply fresh air.
- Rinse mouth and nose with water.
- If symptoms persist, call a physician.
- Rinse immediately with plenty of lukewarm water, also under the eyelids, for several minutes.
- Consult a physician.
- Wash off with water.
- Call a physician immediately.
- Do NOT induce vomiting.
- Rinse mouth with water.
- Drink 1 or 2 glasses of water or milk.
- Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Suitable extinguishing media
- Use extinguishing measures that are appropriate to local circumstances and the surrounding environment.
Extinguishing media which shall not be used for safety reasons
Special exposure hazards in a fire
- Hydrogen chloride may be released when heating above the decomposition temperature.
Special protective equipment for fire-fighters
- In the event of fire, wear self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Fire fighters must wear fire resistant personnel protective equipment.
- Refer to protective measures listed in section “Handling and storage”.
- Wear protective suit and boots.
- If dust, aerosols or mist are formed, use half mask with combination filter B/P2.
- Cover the drains to prevent the product from entering the environment.
- If the product contaminates rivers and lakes or drains inform respective authorities.
- Restrict the spread of the spillage by using inert absorbent material (sand, gravel).
Methods for cleaning up
- Remove larger spills using a vacuum truck.
- Dilute residues with water and neutralize with lime or limestone powder.
- Sweep or shovel up smaller spills and residues.
- Must be disposed of in accordance with local and national regulations.
- The work place and work methods shall be organized in such a way that direct contact with the product is prevented or minimized.
- Wear gloves in a suitable material such as PVC, Neoprene or Natural rubber.
- Please observe the instructions regarding permeability and breakthrough time which are provided by the supplier of the gloves. Also consider the specific local conditions under which the product is used, such as the danger of cuts, abrasion and the contact time.
- Tightly fitting safety goggles must be worn.
- Keep away from incompatible products.
- Avoid freezing.
- Avoid high temperatures.
- Plastic (PE, PP, PVC)
- Fiberglass-reinforced polyester
- Epoxy-coated concrete
- Acidproof or rubber-coated steel
Materials to avoid
- Non acid-proof metals (such as aluminium, copper and iron)
- Unalloyed steel
- Galvanized surfaces
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again