If your substance is subject to product and process orientated research and development (PPORD), you can submit a PPORD notification to ECHA in order to be exempted from the obligation to register.
You first need to be signed in REACH-IT.
Prepare your notification with the latest version of IUCLID and submit it via REACH-IT.
Preparing and submitting a dossier
- Read the Manual: How to prepare registration and PPORD dossiers.
- Create your PPORD notification dossier in IUCLID.
- Use the IUCLID Validation Assistant plug-in to detect any missing information and pre-check certain 'Business Rules'.
- Apply the IUCLID fee calculator plug-in to estimate the fee associated to your PPORD notification dossier.
- Submit your PPORD notification dossier via REACH-IT.
For step-by-step instructions refer to the help texts in REACH-IT.
ECHA will provide the PPORD notification number after verifying the completeness of the information and the payment of the relevant PPORD fee.
Preparing and submitting a dossier to request a PPORD extension
A request for extension of a PPORD shall be created in IUCLID as a spontaneous update of the current notification and then be submitted through REACH-IT.
NB: please submit your request at least four months before the end of your exemption and ensure payment of the fee within 30 days to guarantee the timely processing by the Agency before the expiry date.
When preparing your dossier in IUCLID, please follow the instructions provided in the Manual: How to prepare registration and PPORD dossiers.