A parallel trade permit allows the holder of the permit to make a biocidal product available on the market in one Member State (Member State of introduction) if the biocidal product is authorised in another Member State (Member State of origin) and if the biocidal product is identical to a biocidal product already authorised in the Member State of introduction (the reference product).
The competent authority of the ‘Member State of introduction' will examine whether the two biocidal products are identical in accordance with the legislation and may request information from the ‘Member State of origin' that granted the authorisation to the reference product.
Refer to ECHA's Biocidal Products Regulation pages and to the legislation, especially Article 53 of the BPR, for conditions and the decision-making procedure.
Submit your application through the Register for Biocidal Products, R4BP 3.
Preparing an application
- Refer to the Biocides Submission Manual (BSM) 4 ‘Biocidal Products – Part A: Initial submissions'; BSM 7 ‘Notifications and permits' for support ; the ‘Guidance on information requirements' as well as the legislation for instructions.
- Refer also to the supporting documents table for submission requirements. Use the available document templates where appropriate.
Submission through R4BP 3
- Sign up for REACH-IT. Refer to BSM 2 ‘Using R4BP 3 for biocides applications' and for instructions.
- Log into R4BP 3 with your User ID and password defined in REACH-IT.
- Start the application from the NEW APPLICATION tab and click on ‘Parallel trade'. Refer to BSM 4 ‘Biocidal Products – Part A: Initial submissions' and also BSM 7 ‘Notifications and permits" for support.
- The submission wizard will guide you through the submission. The asset owner details must be known in R4BP 3 to initiate this process.
Note that authorisations granted under the BPD must first be migrated from R4BP 2 in order to obtain the ‘asset number' required in R4BP 3. For further information, you may wish to consult the ‘Migration' Q&A section on the ECHA website or contact the ECHA Helpdesk.
Follow up in R4BP 3
Regularly check your messages and tasks in R4BP 3. You will find various types of messages under the ‘MESSAGES' tab in R4BP 3, for example:
- Result of the format check
- Result of the acceptance step
You may also receive authority requests for more information through R4BP 3 with a deadline. The requests will appear under TASKS. If you fail to meet the deadline, your application may be rejected.