Manufacturer or formulator outside the EU/EEA

If you have appointed an only representative that is located in the UK, you can appoint a new only representative, located within the EU/EEA. The new appointment must take place before the end of the transition period and be notified to ECHA (through the ‘Legal entity change’ functionality in REACH-IT) without undue delay.

If your substance has been registered by a UK-based importer, that registration will not exist after the transition period. This means that to continue having access to the EU market, the imported substance will need to be registered by an EU/EEA-based legal entity. To this end, you can appoint an only representative located within the EU/EEA to carry out the required registration of the imported substance. Alternatively, your customers within the EU/EEA will each have to register the substances they import.

Categories Display