Safer Chemicals – ECHA Conference
In May, pack your bag for a week's worth of interesting events on chemicals. Our free conference on 21-22 May 2019 will offer you insight into the current priorities in EU chemicals regulation after the final REACH registration deadline. Register for an event packed with practical advice, discussion and networking.
- Take part in person to benefit from networking and one-to-one sessions.
- Take part online by watching the event live and sending us questions. The streaming will be available on this page.
- Take part on social media with the hashtags #SaferChemicals #ChemicalSafety #ChemicalsWeek.
Poison centres training on 21 May is now full, but the first part of the day (presentation) will be streamed live and the material will be available.
The training day is now full, but the first part (presentation) will be streamed live and the material will be available.
Harmonised way to notify poison centres – is your product ready?
- 10:00-11:15 – Notifying poison centres: what changes and how it impacts you (session streamed live)
- 11:15-11:30 – Break
- 11:30-13:00 – Hands-on exercise (not streamed live but the material will be available)
- 13:00-14:00 – Break
- 14:00-16:00 – Hands-on exercise continues (not streamed live but the material will be available)
9:00–11:00 Session 1 – Improving compliance of registration data
- Setting the scene – Bjorn Hansen, Executive Director, European Chemicals Agency
- Taking action to ensure compliance – Ofelia Bercaru, European Chemicals Agency
- Grouping of substances – Mike Rasenberg, European Chemicals Agency
- Compliance challenges and solutions – Sylvie Lemoine, European Chemical Industry Council
- What citizens and workers need to know about REACH compliance – European Environmental Bureau
11:30–13:10 Session 2 – Tackling substances of concern
- 10 years of regulatory risk management – ECHA
- Case study: microplastics – Mark Blainey, ECHA
- Case study: substitution – industry
- Tools for tackling substances of concern – Jerker Ligthart, International Chemical Secretariat
14:30–17:00 Session 3 – Improving safe use of chemicals
- Improving safe use in the supply chain – Kevin Pollard, European Chemicals Agency
- Healthy workplace – safe products – Elke Schneider, European Agency for Safety and Health at Work
- What have we learnt through inspections – Sinead McMickan, Health and Safety Authority, Ireland
- Case study – industry
17:00–19:00 Networking and one-to-one sessions
The conference is open to all but particularly useful for companies, industry associations, public bodies, NGOs and research institutions involved in chemicals.
European Chemicals Agency
The language of the meeting is English.
For questions, contact: echa-events (at) echa.europa.eu.
Helsinki chemicals week
Take advantage of this full week of interesting events on chemicals.
Find out about events, eating, nightlife and sightseeing at: www.visithelsinki.fi/en.