Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 439-210-6
CAS number: 554-62-1
* Inhalation : Remove victim to fresh air. Allow the victim to rest. Place the victim in semi-seated position. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. Seek medical advice.
* Skin contact : Rinse immediately with plenty of water, for at least 5 minutes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Continue to flush with lukewarm water for 15 minutes. Eventually wash skin with mild soap and water. Obtain medical attention if ill effect or irritation develops.
* Eye contact : Ensure prompt removal of residual powder from eyes. Directly after, rinse with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Contact ophthalmologist immediately.
Ingestion : DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING. Rinse mouth. If swallowed, give 1 pint ofwater if victim completely conscious/alert. Seek medical attention immediately.
* Emergency medical treatment : Treat symptomatically.
* Extinguishing media
- Suitable : All extinguishing media can be used.
- Not to be used : None.
* Special hazards arising from the substance or mixture
-Special exposure hazards : On exposure to high temperature, may decompose, releasing toxic gases. (HCl, NOx, SO2, CO, CO2)
* Advice for fire-fighters
- Flammable class : Not highly flammable. May form flammable dust-air mixture.
- Flammability (solid, gas) : Not applicable.
- Surrounding fires : Use water spray or fog for cooling exposed containers.
- Protection against fire : Use self-contained breathing apparatus (cfr. EN 137) and standard firefighting gear (cfr. EN 469) when in close proximity to fire.
- Special procedures : Exercise caution when fighting any chemical fire. Avoid (reject) fire-fighting water to enter environment.
* Personal precautions : Equip cleanup crew with proper protection. Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves.
* Technical measures : Eliminate every possible source of ignition. Handle the product in oxygen - free atmosphere (nitrogen) to prevent dust and/or vapour explosions
* Environmental precautions : Prevent entry to sewers and public waters.
* After spillage and/or leakage : Sweep or shovel spills into appropriate container for disposal.
* General : Use good housekeeping practices to avoid rendering dust airborne. Use antistatic packing to store the product, to prevent electrostatic discharge when emptying the packing. When using, do not eat, drink or smoke.
* Precautions for safe handling
- Prevention : Ignition of a flammable product - air mixture by static discharge is possible Keep away from sources of ignition.
- Handling : Avoid all unnecessary exposure. Do not breathe dust. Handle the product in closed equipment and if possible under an inert atmosphere. Sufficient local or general ventilation. Explosion proof electrical equipment . Earth the equipment and take enough time to remove the electrostatic charges. Do not use compressed air to handle the product. Ensure prompt removal from eyes, skin and clothing. Where contact with eyes or skin is likely, wear suitable protection. Wash hands and other exposed areas with mild soap and water before eating, drinking, smoking and when leaving work.
* Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities
- Storage : Keep container closed when not in use. Store in dry, well-ventilated area. Either local exhaust or general room ventilation is usually required. Protect from high temperature. Protect from low temperatures. Eliminate every possible source of ignition. Use antistatic packing to store the product, to prevent electrostatic discharge when emptying the packing.
- Storage life : No information available
- Storage - away from : Direct sunlight. Heat. Open flame. Sources of ignition. Moisture.
- Suitable packaging : The product is stored in UN certified packaging: a double PE liner, packed in a fibredrum (1G/X../S).
* Specific end use(s)
- Recommendations : None.
* Occupational Exposure Limits : No information available
* Industrial hygiene : Emergency eye wash fountains and safety showers should be available in the immediate vicinity of any potential exposure. Provide adequate ventilation to minimize dust and/or vapour concentrations.
* Skin protection : Wear a coverall type 5, specific for manipulation of solids (cfr. ISO 13982-1).
* Eye protection : See respiratory protection.
* Hand protection : Wear suitable synthetic gloves (Category 3, Class 3) resistant to chemical penetration (cfr. EN 374).
* Ingestion : When using, do not eat, drink or smoke.
* Others : Wear suitable safety shoes (cfr. EN 345 S2).
* Reactivity : No data available.
* Sensitivity to shock (Nm) - BAM : Not expected to be sensitive to shock Fallhammer
* Sensitivity to friction (N)- BAM friction : Not expected to be sensitive to friction apparatus
2. Chemical stability
* Stability : Stable under normal conditions of temperature and pressure.
* Thermal decomposition-stable up to (°C) : No data available.
* Pyrophoric properties : Not pyrophoric.
* Light stability : No data available.
* Gasevolving (>10 litre gas/kg below 220°C): No data available.
* Gasevolution possible starting at (°C) : No data available.
* Exothermicity-lowest temperature (°C) : No data available.
3. Possibility of hazardous reactions
* Hazardous reactions : None under normal conditions.
* Hazardous properties : Not known.
* Hazardous Polymerization : Will not occur.
4. Conditions to avoid
* Conditions to avoid : Sources of ignition. Direct sunlight. Heat. Open flame. Moisture. Sparks.
5. Incompatible materials
* Materials to avoid : No data available.
6. Hazardous decomposition products
* In case of fire, generation of: : Carbon monoxide. Carbon dioxide. Nitrogen oxides. Sulfur dioxide. Hydrochloric acid.
* Thermal decomposition possible from (C°): > 148
* Hazardous decomposition products : On exposure to high temperature, may decompose, releasing toxic gases. HCl, NOx, SO2, CO, CO2
Disposal : Hazardous waste due to toxicity. Dispose of this material and its container at hazardous or special waste collection point. Dispose in a safe manner in accordance with local/national regulations.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Sellel veebilehel kasutatakse küpsiseid, et tagada lehe parim kasutus.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again