Use of this information is subject to copyright laws and may require the permission of the owner of the information, as described in the ECHA Legal Notice.
EC number: 220-246-4
CAS number: 2687-12-9
1. Description of first aid measures
- First-aid measures general : Seek medical advice.
- First-aid measures after inhalation: Remove from exposure, if possible in fresh air and lie down the victim. If breathing is irregular or stopped, administer artificial respiration. Get medical advice and attention if you feel unwell.
- First-aid measures after skin contact: After contact with skin, take off immediately all contaminated clothing, and wash immediately with plenty of water. Get medical advice if skin irritation persists.
- First-aid measures after eye contact : Rinse immediately and plentifully with water, also under the eyelids, for at least 20 minutes.
- First-aid measures after ingestion: Do not induce vomiting without medical advice. If swallowed, rinse mouth with water (only if the person is conscious). Get immediate medical advice and attention.
2. Most important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed
- Symptoms/injuries after inhalation : Irritation of the respiratory tract.
- Symptoms/injuries after skin contact : May cause moderate irritation.
- Symptoms/injuries after eye contact : May cause severe irritation.
- Symptoms/injuries after ingestion : Harmful if swallowed. May cause irritation to the digestive tract.
- Chronic symptoms : Exposure to this material can result in absorption through skin causing some health hazard.
3. Indication of any immediate medical attention and special treatment needed
1. Extinguishing media:
- Suitable extinguishing media : dry chemical powder, alcohol-resistant foam, carbon dioxide (CO2).
2. Special hazards arising from the substance or mixture
- Fire hazard : combustible materials. Flammable.
3. Advice for firefighters
- Firefighting instructions : Wear self-contained breathing apparatus when entering area unless atmosphere is proved to be safe.
- Protection during firefighting : Wear a self contained breathing apparatus. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection.
1. Personal precautions, protective equipment and emergency procedures
- General measures : Wear suitable protective clothing and eye/face protection. Ensure adequate ventilation.
* For non-emergency personnel
- Protective equipment : Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection.
- Emergency procedures : Evacuate personnel to a safe area.
*For emergency responders:
- Protective equipment : Wear a self contained breathing apparatus. Wear personal protective equipment.
- Emergency procedures : Evacuate and limit access.
2. Environmental precautions
- Do not allow to enter drains or water courses.
3. Methods and material for containment and cleaning up
- For containment : Keep container tightly closed in a cool place.
- Methods for cleaning up : Take up liquid spill into absorbent material, e.g.: dry sand/earth/vermiculite or kieselguhr. Collect spills and put it into appropriated container.
4. Reference to other sections
No additional information available
1. Precautions for safe handling
- Precautions for safe handling: Do not breathe vapour/aerosol. Ensure adequate ventilation. Keep away from sources of ignition. Wear personal protective equipment. Wash thoroughly after handling.
- Hygiene measures : Wash thoroughly after handling.
2. Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities
- Storage conditions : Store in a dry, cool and well-ventilated place.
- Storage area : Store in a dry, cool place.
3. Specific end use(s)
1. Control parameters
2. Exposure controls
* Appropriate engineering controls: Ensure adequate ventilation. Emergency eye wash fountains and safety showers should be available in the immediate vicinity of any potential exposure.
* Personal protective equipment: Gloves. Protective clothing. Safety glasses.
* Hand protection: Wear suitable gloves.
* Eye protection: Safety glasses
* Skin and body protection: Wear suitable protective clothing
* Respiratory protection: Wear respiratory protection
1. Reactivity: Stable under normal conditions.
2. Chemical stability : Air sensitive.
3. Possibility of hazardous reactions : No additional information available
4. Conditions to avoid : Incompatible materials.
5. Incompatible materials : Strong oxidizing agents. bases. Amines. Metals.
6. Hazardous decomposition products : carbon oxides (CO and CO2). Hydrogen chloride.
1. Waste treatment methods
- Regional legislation (waste) : Dispose in a safe manner in accordance with local/national regulations.
- Waste treatment methods : This material and its container must be disposed of as hazardous waste.
- Sewage disposal recommendations : Do not allow into drains or water courses.
- Product/Packaging disposal recommendations : Dissolve or mix with a combustible solvent. Remove to an authorized incinerator equipped with an afterburner and a flue gas scrubber.
Information on Registered Substances comes from registration dossiers which have been assigned a registration number. The assignment of a registration number does however not guarantee that the information in the dossier is correct or that the dossier is compliant with Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (the REACH Regulation). This information has not been reviewed or verified by the Agency or any other authority. The content is subject to change without prior notice.Reproduction or further distribution of this information may be subject to copyright protection. Use of the information without obtaining the permission from the owner(s) of the respective information might violate the rights of the owner.
Sellel veebilehel kasutatakse küpsiseid, et tagada lehe parim kasutus.
Welcome to the ECHA website. This site is not fully supported in Internet Explorer 7 (and earlier versions). Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to a newer version.
Do not show this message again