The REACH, CLP and the biocides regulations focus on substances. For example, REACH requires you to submit a dossier on each chemical substance you manufacture or import. The foundation of that dossier is a clear and accurate identification of the substance.
An accurate substance identity is an essential starting point for the registration under REACH , as well as for complying with the Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) and biocides regulations. It also enables correct identification of harmful substances. This allows for proper risk management measures to be put in place to control the human health and environmental risks from such substances.
But what is substance identification and why is it so important to get it right?
See also under the Regulations section
- Form on the manufacturing process of UVCB substances [PDF] [EN] [Word File.docx]
- Questions and Answers on substance identification
- How to prepare registration and PPORD dossiers
- Getting started with EU chemicals legislation
- Chemical safety in your business - introduction for SMEs [PDF] [EN]
- Support by accredited stakeholders
Help with terminology