Downstream User Roles And Obligations
The main roles and obligations of downstream users are:
- to provide information regarding their uses to suppliers of substances. This enables registrants to include these uses in the chemical safety assessment
- to implement measures specified by their supplier to ensure the safe use of the substance, or to establish safe conditions of use and document these in a downstream user chemical safety report
- to inform their supplier if they have new information on the hazards of the substance or the risk management advice is not appropriate
- to comply with the conditions of any restriction which may apply to that substance
- to communicate with their supplier if using a substance included in the Authorisation List. A downstream user may apply for an authorisation or have their use included in an authorisation applied for by a supplier or manufacturer.
In addition, for formulators:
- to provide their customers with appropriate information on hazards and conditions of safe use for their mixture.
In addition, for producers of articles:
- to take action if required according to Article 7 and Article 33.