Directorate R - Resources
- Executive Office
- Registry of the Board of Appeal
- Directorate A
- Directorate B
- Directorate C
- Directorate D
- Directorate E
- Directorate I
- Directorate R
The Finance Unit safeguards the financial interests of the Agency and provides customer-oriented services and advice to ensure the efficient planning and implementation of the Agency's budget.
The Finance Unit:
- Handles the high value procurement process and contracting
- Provides advice and support for low value procurement and contracting
- Ensures quality in procurement and contracting through documenting processes with procedures, guidelines and templates, by providing training, maintaining case law, providing standard contracts, giving advice and support to operational units and by exercising a verification role
- Coordinates the budget planning, manages budget transfers, revisions and amendments, follows up budget implementation and reports on budget execution
- Operates the financial system of the Agency by maintaining the registry of delegations and access rights, overseeing and defining the workflows, registering actions, and monitoring and reporting on operations, file documents, etc
- Ensures the correctness and regularity of the financial operations through the setting up and management of the financial control system, by providing training and advice, by verifying transactions and by keeping an exceptions register
- Ensures, jointly with the operational unit responsible for registrations, the correct collection of the fee income from REACH
- Manages the Agency's monies with principles of sound financial management and secures the value of the Agency's monetary assets
- Performs the Agency's accounting functions ensuring accounting quality
- Oversees the management of the fixed assets of the Agency.
The Human Resources Unit plans and manages ECHA's human resources effectively, efficiently and in compliance with applicable rules and good management practice.
The Human Resources Unit:
- Steers the human resources policy developments through strategic input and quality documents
- Coordinates the staff planning for the Agency and ensures alignment to the corporate work plans
- Organises the corporate staff selections and recruitments
- Manages the Agency staff contracts, allowances and payroll
- Ensures the well-being of staff by providing welcome support upon recruitment, offering medical and social services
- Offers a rewarding context to staff, fostering performance and career perspectives through permanent learning and development
- Reports on a regular basis to management and stakeholders on human resources
- Supports management in the fulfilment of their management tasks
- Ensures quality in human resource processes through documenting procedures, guidelines and templates and by providing adequate training and support to staff
- Manages the Agency's traineeship programme.
The Corporate Services Unit provides efficient and high-quality services to ensure a safe and pleasant working and meeting environment for staff and Agency bodies and stakeholders.
The Corporate Services Unit:
- Coordinates the spatial planning of the Agency's facilities and its resources
- Manages and maintains the Agency's facilities, its assets and security technology
- Is responsible for facilities-related projects such as refurbishment, removals, deploying new installations and infrastructure works
- Is responsible for the provision of supplies, mail/postal/courier services and manages the Agency's archive/library
- Ensures the physical security of the premises, the staff and visitors by providing adequate facilities and safety provisions including fire safety and rescue, first aid and emergency support
- Manages the on site service providers such as security, reception, catering and cleaning services
- Provides conference and travel services to ECHA staff and visitors
- Manages the conference services, including the audio-visual capacities, videoconferences and webinars
- Ensures quality in Corporate Services processes through documenting procedures, guidelines and templates and by providing adequate training and support to staff
- Ensures the procurement and management of corporate services contracting.